CONSIDERATIONS FOR POST NATAL TRAINING
- 1. Ensure you have been approved by your doctor at your 6 week check up.
- 2. If Breastfeeding, try to feed just before your exercise session to feel less full (or pump a little if it's not feeding time). This will give baby a chance to sleep while you workout too!
- 3. Be sure to wear the correct support bra whether or not you are breastfeeding.
- 4. Take your first 3 exercise sessions easy, it does take time for your body to be get used to exercise after having a baby, so give it the time it deserves. Do not OVERDO it!
- 5. Keep well hydrated when exercising.
- 6. If post c-section, allow at least 8-12 weeks before doing any strenuous exercise, and consult your doctor.
- 7. Engage your pelvic floor muscles when exercising, as much as you can, this will help bring them back to pre-pregnancy strength. A good idea is to think of something that you do regularly, ie brush your teeth, stop at a traffic light, feed your baby etc., and use these times to exercise your Pelvic Floor Muscles.
- 8. If you are feeling unwell, or just not right when exercising post pregnancy, consult your doctor.